Feeling a bit daunted about starting to use Friday Pulse in your organization? Maybe you’ve never done something like this before (we’re pretty unique so that’s to be expected!) or perhaps you'd just like to have a clear plan of what’s happening when. Here’s a process to follow for the first few weeks, and beyond!
Week 0: Your launch week!
What Friday Pulse will do
Measure your Culture! The first measure is all about establishing a baseline – how are you all experiencing your working lives.
Your questions will open on Thursday or Friday and close on Monday or Tuesday, based on the options chosen during your account set-up.
- On opening (Thursday / Friday), Friday Pulse will send all users an email and/or Slack message, welcoming them to Friday Pulse, including the Onboarding message from someone at your organization.
- The welcome email and Slack messages include a link unique to each user to allow them to access their account in Friday Pulse and respond safely and securely to the questions.
- While responding to the questions, everyone will also be introduced to the Friday Pulse platform, and the Five Ways to Happiness at Work framework which shapes it.
- Friday Pulse will send auto-reminder emails to users who have not yet responded to the questions to improve your response rates and help make sure results are representative of how everyone is feeling.
- On closing (Monday / Tuesday), Friday Pulse will send an email to all users, letting them know their results are ready to view. Everyone will be able to see their own personal results, and the results of their team and the whole organization. See more on what different user types can see in Friday here
What you can do
After your questions have closed, people often want to know what happens next, so in an all-hands or company-wide message, you could:
- Share a very quick overview of what you’ve noticed (celebrating your good scores, recognizing any lower scores)
- Ask teams to discuss their own team Culture Profile scores – we’ve provided a guide to this here: Your first week on Friday
Week 1: Your first week of happiness questions!
What Friday Pulse will do:
Start tracking your weekly experiences! This and all subsequent weekly measures are about learning from the good - and the less good! Over the weeks, you’ll share and discuss what’s going well and not so well, taking small steps (and sometimes giant leaps!) to help make each week go better.
- On the Thursday or Friday, Friday Pulse will send all users the happiness question in their invite email or Slack message.
- Any users who haven’t responded will be sent auto-reminders to encourage as many people to respond as possible.
- Once your questions close on the following Monday or Tuesday, Friday Pulse will send users their “Results are ready” notification.
The ideal time to have your first quarterly call to explore your Friday Pulse results with your Client Success Coach is after your first weekly measure results come in. On the call, you will also learn more about your Culture Profile results and how to navigate the platform to unearth important patterns and outliers.
What you can do:
- Encourage all teams to make time to discuss their weekly results together after questions have closed. 10-15 minutes is all that’s needed.
- Share that teams can use their personalized team results Presentation (accessed via the Dashboard) to help guide their conversations.
- Check in with a handful of managers and collect feedback from their experiences using Friday Pulse. Share anything you learn in all-company communications and respond to any manager needs.
- Later in the week, share anything that resonates from your call with your Client Success Coach, mapping out the next steps you’ll all be taking to look after your culture, happiness and wellbeing together.
Week 2 (and beyond!)
What Friday Pulse will do
- Send all of your active users the happiness question in their personalized invite email or Slack message on Thursday or Friday each week.
- Send auto-reminders to anyone who has not yet responded to the questions.
- Send everyone a “Results are ready” notification once your questions close on the following Monday or Tuesday.
What you can do
- Encourage teams to continue to discuss their weekly results together using the team Presentation in Friday Pulse.
- Don’t forget about your Culture Profile results – each team can access their own Impact Report which identifies which area of their culture to focus on. Can they move the needle on one or two scores before the next measure?
- Build traction at the senior level – encourage senior leaders to talk about their own wellbeing, share insights from the data and facilitate conversations about the system-wide improvements that could be implemented.
- Keep communicating company-wide about what you’re learning and what you’re trying out. This way, you’re modelling an approach to learning which cultivates greater wellbeing and reinforces the importance of everyone participating each week.